Recruiting – Office Manager / Executive Assistant
By admin | 06.01.2020 | 0 Comments
Office Manager – Executive Assistant
Reporting To: Director level management.
The Angels Events
The Angels Events is an experienced creatively led events agency based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, who have organised exclusive private celebrations, Weddings, corporate awards evenings and gala dinners, away days and charity balls both nationally and internationally.
The Purpose Of Your Role
In the Office Manager position you will be the lynchpin of the office; the person employees will approach when they arrive on their first day, the person employees will approach when there is a problem, and the person employees will approach for development and training. With wide a range of responsibilities at your feet, you need to be a great all-rounder and an expert multi-tasker who performs all tasks with decisiveness and accuracy. The role of office manager is demanding and bursting with variety, and will be office based in the centre of Harrogate.
In return you will receive a great development opportunity with long term career prospects and the opportunity to work with an innovative event team and deliver high-end, luxury events.
Main Duties Will Include…
• Ensure smooth running of the office on a day to day basis,
• Project resource planning and management,
• Answering and managing inbound calls,
• Taking inbound enquiries and speak confidently regarding The Angels Events offering,
• Provide administrative support to the wider office and warehouse team,
• Organise both internal and external meetings,
• Implement, support and maintain procedures and office administrative systems,
• Constantly seek to improve productivity of administration and resource,
• Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs,
• Maintain suppliers required for the day to day operation of the office,
• Day to day ‘in the life of an Angel’ social media posts,
• Drive sales and new business generation through networking and referrals,
• Research and booking of suitable exhibition and networking events,
• Keeping all databases, project tracker sheets and documentation up to date,
• Contribute to the wider business vision and strategy,
• Tracking of all employees annual leave bookings,
• Tracking of all employees time in lieu bookings,
• oversee the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction
• ensure adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies
• Monthly one-to-one meetings with employees to monitor performance, engagement and morale,
• Reporting on team performance directly to Director level management,
• Promote staff development and training,
• Check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies,
• Reviewing and implementing the company’s health and safety policy
• Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
• You will be passionate, hardworking and really dedicated to helping push forward the organisation’s growth.
• Full knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• First class organisational skills.
• Strong administration skills and a flair for leading and motivating teams.
• Strong people management skills.
• Attention to detail.
• To be commercially and financially astute.
• To demonstrate confident networking skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
The Angels Way
Brand values and culture must be adopted by all employees at The Angels Events. These values must be applied to all aspects of the role.
First and foremost no task is too large and everything is possible, the client must always be put first, and one must always consider what the client is feeling and experiencing of The Angels Events right now.
No job is below any employee and this must be embraced and respected at all times. The Angels Events is a small team working dynamically to produce industry leading work and the new candidate will be supported by all team members, and must offer others support in return.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email Eleanor@the-angels.com with your cover letter and CV.